Restore a Swiza D03 Pocket Knife

I recently bought a second hand Swiza D03 pocket knife to clean it and repair it. The knife was in a shameful state, dirty and with the blade badly deformed because of very bad sharpening. I paid 7 euros for it and I wanted to restore it with simple tools. All I have used is a small file and sand paper 600, 1500 and at the end 2000 grit, along with four hours of work.

The Swiza D03 to restore

The blade was in a poor state.

As you can see in the picture the tip of the reamer was also broken. The first thing I did was to take the scales apart. To do so, I used my Victorinox pocket knife Camper can opening tool, so here you have a Victorinox repairing a Swiza pocket knife. I washed it with a brush in hot water and soap and then disinfected the thing with bleach. Then I rinsed it throughly very well.


The Swiza D03 with the scales off and tweezers.

I had to reshape the reamer with a file to give it the minimum operation state, which I did. Then I reshaped the tip of the blade with the file also. Once I have finished using the file I started with the sand paper to polish the scratches and marks with movements from the bottom of the blade towards the tip and back, not against the edge.

The Swiza D03 blade restored

I had to take off some material from the blade and reamer to do it but it worked well. I have used mostly the 1500 grit sand paper, wetting it sometimes.

The Swiza D03 reamer restored too

Once I finished I put the scales back. I must say that this knife is very comfortable to hold and work with the curbed shape makes easy to cut with along with the soft grip finish. The blade has a liner lock locking system which is an original mechanism to unlock it just by pressing with the thumb on the white Swiss cross. I find it a very nice EDC pocket knife with a modern look and having a locking blade with this size 7.5 cm or 2.95'' it is great. Also the large hole in blade and tools makes it very easy to open them.

Compared to my Victorinox Camper it is lighter and nicer but not so resistant and the scales get dirt very easily. I was looking for new scales to replace them but could not find them up to now. I think that even when buying a new one, having replacement scales will be handy for they are not hard enough and get used very easily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Dolce Gusto Circolo Leaking Problem

Root Nook Simple Touch with updated NookManager

How to Change the Gear Shift Knob of the Peugeot 306