How to Watch TV on a Computer Screen or Monitor

As you may already know a computer monitor does not have a TV tuner in it, just because it is merely used to display the images from a computer, and most of them do not have a sound output either.
So you will need a tuner connected to an antenna to receive the local TV channels.
In my case I am using the TV tuner from Orange which is an Ultra HD decoder that comes with the Internet subscription, but a simple TNT decoder will do the job and they are really cheap.
As for the HDMI output from the TV tuner to the monitor I am using a cable DVD-I to HDMI because this is an old screen which have no HDMI input, but only a VGA and a DVD-I ones.

If your monitor have a VGA input and a DVD-I input too, it is better to use the DVD-I input, or at least, with the cable I had before, the VGA to HDMI  did not work. Just make sure that it is full HD compatible.

For the sound I had to find a more sophisticated solution because the TV tuner sound output is a RCA digital which is not compatible with the stereo jack 3.5 analog in my speakers
This sound converter needs to be powered through an USB cable and a charger and once all is plugged in, it works like a charm as you can see in this video.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Dolce Gusto Circolo Leaking Problem

Root Nook Simple Touch with updated NookManager

How to Change the Gear Shift Knob of the Peugeot 306