Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mandriva Free 2010





Just installed Mandriva Free 2010. I wanted to test other Linux system than Ubuntu. Why always Ubuntu after all?
Well I am greatly impressed by the ergonomy of this systems.

I only had to install the firmware ipw2200 which I simply did by clicking on the rpm file, then restarted.

I'm posting here somme useful commands,

urpmi

To install a package:

urpmi nameofpackage


Desinstall:

urpme nameofpackage

Both urpmi and urpme install and desintall packages with dependances.

Well, dare to change!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes but, is there good forums for Mandriva community?

storiesofmaria said...

Yes, there are good forums for Mandriva community, but nothing like Ubuntu, :) I think I will be back to it..

ana said...

I was looking for a good advice on Mandriva.. now I see the best option is Ubuntu, thanks!

Post a Comment

Your opinion is very appreciated, thank you!